Sunday, April 27, 2014

Reflection of English 102

Throughout English 102, I have learned so many new things about literature that I didn't know before. The stories and poems we read were interesting and I have a new understanding of literature. Some of the stories we read, I read in high school and I didn't understand them nearly as much as I do now. I finally know how to interpret a poem, which was one of my biggest struggles in english. English 102 has taken what I have learned from English 101 and has transformed it into a completely new valuable source of education. I usually hate blogging but I actually enjoyed this assignment and I am glad that I was able to finally learn how to to do it properly. As a writer, I feel I have grown, I no longer look at a writing assignment with hate, I am more comfortable with my writing and look forward to continue growing as a writer. What I enjoyed most about this class was the short stories. "A&P" by John Updike was my favorite, I thought it was so interesting that an author can use the narrator to describe the characters but in the end the narrator is the one being characterized. What I will take away from the class is how to understand the deeper meaning behind literature and to stop forcing a meaning out of a story and let it come together on its own. In five years from now, I hope to gain more skills in my reading and writing and English 102 has put me on the right track to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment